Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

catching up!

Yes all I am alive!  Just going 110 miles an hour and spending the time packing instead of blogging!  But never fear, I'm still here and I promise after I get moved I will get more consistent again. It does please me you all have been watching and wondering WHAT is she doing and why doesn't she get something on here!  I had a great reaction at Sew and Go today..... just post a photo, you don't have to write.....anything!  They are dying without their sneak peeks but it makes my heart feel good to know you enjoy and have fun watching My Crazy Life!  Sometimes I have no idea how many are really enjoying my blog as I have alot of "lurkers" I've decided!!!!  So I came home today and downloaded stuff off my phone....260 photos and off my camera....another 90......see how long it's been! UGH. And how busy I've been that I took that many photos!!!!So I'll try and run a few on here now !!!!!  So stay tuned!!!!  Blogging is really alot more fun than sorting 18 years of junk!  It's amazing when you are lucky enough to have a big home that has more storage than anyone should really ever have how much STUFF you have!  and why is it that I open another drawer or closet and I see something and go OH MY it's MORE fabric!  I'll post house photo's soon, the new little house is coming along nicely, I've had offers to help me move in the middle of the night so no one sees how much fabric I really have!!!!  But we did the 4th trip to Good Will last week, more piles are started so I'll be finding a new drop off organization next! So on with the good stuff.....
Here is our Sew and Go project from today. I know this is "old news"  but you'll have to suffer thru it!  Everyone loved the fall placemat!  Truth be known now that class is over I was given a challenge by Amy at work, she handed me 2 huge bags of cut rectangles that were miscut from ETC Block of the week and said, here can you do something with this......AHHHHH my favorite!  SCRAPS!  So I started out with doing a placemat, Sew and Go numbers are staying around 26-30 each time so I had enough to do 2 kits per person.  Altho until we started sewing I wasn't sure if they would all get two in case more students showed up. So they all got one to make in class and another to take home just for fun!  Of course I had to recut all those rectangles to make them the right size but those 2 gallon bags of scraps turned into 70 place mats with scraps left in one sandwich bag!  YEA challenge accomplished and lots of happy sewers left today! I love my Sew and Go friends!  So I told them to stay tuned we have 2 more Sew N Go classes yet this year in Nov. and then a fresh start in 2014....we'll be thinking Christmas!!!! ( hint hint)

No comments:

Post a Comment