Terry and her Crazy Life

Monday, February 7, 2011

Bear Cabin weekend fun

Just got back from a fun weekend up at Bear Cabin, our fun little retreat home we love to go to. 6 other friends and I had such a fun weekend. We arrived of course on the coldest day of the year. It's right outside of Showlow so the snow was just beautiful on the trees as it'd just snowed the night before. I had to take a photo of my car thermometer as it's never seen that cold of temperature, or driven in snow! Yep, 10 degrees and that was at noon! It had been -6 that night. We didn't exactly even peek our heads out the door once we unloaded all our projects! And we were loaded! Sarah and I managed to pretty well fill my car!We had such a fun time, I won't show photo's of what I got done, some are gifts and you'll see them in time and 3/4 of them were for work so I'll be posting them too! I have 3 quilt tops to get quilted now this week! Here is Sarah...you can see the beautiful sewing area behind her, you feel like you are out in the woods, there are windows all around.
Here we are , we gathered here 3 times a day and never went hungry! That is Carol and Bob at the back, our hosts, she cooks such wonderful meals for us, then she cleans it all up too! We just stop sewing and come eat! ahhhhh! We don't sleep much as we all have lots to accomplish, altho there were alot of projects taken that never saw the light of day, I guess they went along just to visit and will get a turn another day. The sewing room usually had the lights on until midnight and then again at 5AM. Beautiful sunrises over all that snow.
And here is Maggie. She's the official greeter, she changes her scarf each day too! Denise has always brought her snacks and boy she remembers that, she comes in after each meal and goes right to Denise to get her treat. So another fun time at Bear Cabin is over, lots of good laughs and fun were had, and I for one was so thankful to have the concentrated sewing time to feel more caught up on obligations!

1 comment: