Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Anyone for a Picnic?

Well my long thought about picnic quilt is done ! This quilt has evolved in collecting over the years and I finally decided these bits and pieces of fabric have GOT TO GO ! Ellen gave me a few pieces for it in a sack she was discarding, then Esther gave me tons, plus the entire back which was a whole bolt of a beige twill with red stripe. Then I had a few little pieces I had collected over the years. We all worked together and of course collected bits of the same stuff ! So thanks to Ellen and Esther for the fabrics, this very UGLY quilt has been thrown together. I wanted it light weight enough to be able to throw in the washer easily so being a twill on the top and bottom I opted for flannel for the batting. So again I went digging and found several very "UGLY" choices hiding hither and yon, so those got pieced together to use for the batting.

Here it is on the machine to quilt and you can see the ugly(batting) flannel pieces on the left !
And of course being made of alot of "cast offs" I sure am not going to care when the red koolaid spills or the muddy shoes of little boys go running across it. So the UGLY quilt is done but will serve it's purpose of living in my car "at the ready" ! It's quilted in threads of several reds and blues and beiges, getting rid of certain threads, so all in all it had no money spent on it to get it here !
I even took some of the fabric from the back and made a bag for it to live in, that way it'll be easy to grab when your hands are full. So yea for a done project, it's off to live in my car so once it's not 115 we can have a picnic again ! Anyone want to come? I'll bring the oreos and cheeto's, and the quilt !

2 comments:

  1. what a fun and beautiful quilt - sending some wishes for some cooler picnic weather to come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not an ugly quilt! It looks fabulous. I know some boys who would like to picnic on that one!

    ReplyDelete