Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thai Food

Well tonight was my first experience with Thai food and it was Great! One of the first on my" trip around the world" food extravaganza that I'd definitely go eat again. The flavors were very strong and while each dish was good a little goes along way so that small portions of the items we shared was plenty. Thai Basil was the restaurant, rather quiet in there, but it was a monday night and a big football game to compete with! I guess there is another one in Tempe.We started with this appetizer...those are fried sweet potatoes. Now how could you go wrong with that since it was Fried! the dipping sauce was great. Those are peanuts floating in there, in fact....
there were peanuts in everything. ( wonder if they grow peanuts in Thailand?) We had a soup that was good with a coconut milk broth, had chicken and mushrooms in it, also lemon grass and parsley. Then we had 2 other dishes, one was Pad Thai, it was a great noodle dish with I think red curry, then another dish I can't remember the name that we put over rice, it had carrots and potoatoes and chicken and eggs and tofu. Very interesting. So here are the 2 crazies that are taking me on this "quest"! Thanks Denise and Sarah, it was fun, I'm hearing Scandinavian is next.

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks very exotic and delicious! Great to try new things, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Scandanavia is next on the list, and we're not going to IKEA for meatballs! As always, a great time.

    ReplyDelete