Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Family Reunion

I'm way behind on postings due to our fantastic week of "family reunion".  So I'll get back to a few more shots....feel free to just zoom on thru but I love seeing them so you might too!
It was so fun to anxiously await every family's arrival  from east coast to the plains!  After our Organ Stop pizza night,  we met at the church to decorate for the big anniversary party on friday morning.  Afterwards a few were game to run errands with me and then return to set up for the big bash at my house that afternoon.  40 were prepared for and all arrived and stayed until 9:30 for lots of food and fun!
Here are my cousin Carol from Texas and her daughter Sarah helping with all the frozen brownies and bars. 
 Amy came early enough with her boys so they all got acquainted with these fun balloon rockets.  After this they all ran around like they've known each other forever.  L-R is Aiden, Garrett and Ethan and then Rachael and Sarah from Texas.
 Lots of fun for these kiddo's with these!
 Here are sisters Carol and Judy from Farmington.
 Here is Ethan letting me help him blow up his balloon rockets, yikes they were hard!
 Amy and Rachael getting the flowers arranged for the party tomorrow.
 Judy and her niece Sarah
 MB's folks Steve and Marie came, with their other 3 grands so all the kids had such fun.
 Marcy my sister and Alissa.
 Rachael found time to do some art work during all the visiting! She loved getting into my scrapping stuff!
We took a fast trip to ETC. and they got to get a few goodies!  and a sucker of course!
 Alissa and Amy...
 The kids had such fun all running around together, I'd bought a bunch of "junk" shall we say at the $$ store so all had slinkies and the rocket balloons to run with...
 And I was sure someone would end up in the pool...
And I really thought it might be this one....but alas the night went off with no one in the water and no big person jumping in after them!
 Here is Bode playing pool ball with his two Papa's!

 Here are Judy and Sharon from Texas....2 sisters!
 And these 2 sisters, Rachael and Sarah...
 And here are 2 more sisters. My Mom and my Aunt Lea.  She came from Virginia to help celebrate the moment!  How fun for these 2 at 80 and 86 to get to do this!
 And here are Judy and I.  Judy is also a quilter so there was NOT enough time for us to talk fabric and then she's a "scrap" person too so oh my gosh there really wasn't enough time. If you know what that is you would understand!
 Me, Judy and her sister Carol...
 And can you believe, we are all cousins and together!  We all remember about 35 years ago being together, I've seen them all periodically over the years but some never have reconnected.  L-R is my sister Marcy, Sharon from Texas, Debbie from Virginia, me, Judy from NM and Carol from Texas.  How cool was that!
 Here are the 3 sisters, I loved seeing them together for a happy trip, last time I'd seen them was 2 years ago when I drove my folks to their Mom's funeral celebration.  So I'll show you more fun happenings from our reunion soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment