Terry and her Crazy Life

Monday, September 3, 2012

Mystery Class at ETC

Our mystery quilt class ended last friday, boy was it fun to see how they all were coming out.  We had 17 come for the fun, their fabrics were included with the price and they could pick anything they liked.  They learned all the blocks one week, had lots of homework and came back this week to put it all together, still not knowing how it would look!  Several had even drawn out guesses according to their blocks they were making.  Here is one of Barb's she did, this one was her scrappy...controlled scrappy!  It's just beautiful!
 Here is her 2nd one, a bigger size, 2 color which is how we had everyone buy their fabrics... a dark and a light.
 I'll show you a few snaps when they were putting blocks together, everyone did a great job sewing and with the rulers we showed them they had perfect squared up parts.  Makes for such a neat project!






 Koni left with her top all together, everyone else had at least 2 rows done and the blocks ready to sew into rows. Mystery quilts are so fun and you can't go wrong with a 2 color one!  Our next mystery is a Christmas one this fall!!!!
 Here is mine.....need to get it trimmed up but at least you can see what I did.  Totally scrappy with my favorite civil war scraps!I did a triple inner border on mine...now to get it bound.
 I always like the close ups too so you can see the blocks. I love this pattern, and will do it again.  I didn't get a photo of Therese's she was doing Christmas....hummmm I have Christmas scraps! And being a scrap person these are my favorite kind of quilts! What a fun mystery quilt class!



No comments:

Post a Comment