Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Denise's birthday lunch

We had a fun day here today, we celebrated Denise's birthday, she wanted a sewing day so we brought our projects and had a great time. I didn't get good pictures of people so you will just be looking at food and projects ! Darn ! How did that happen. We started out with a cranberry scone I sliced up and we put apricot jam on it, yum !We got into our projects and I'll have to show you what 3 of us were working on another time. We have had a group of blocks in the works for a few years and today was the final one, when I get the last couple seams done on mine I will post it then, but yes the machines were all humming around the kitchen table ! We took a break around lunch and Linda brought over this marvelous main dish with puff pastry and mozzarella cheese and tomatoes, oh my gosh it was yummy. Judy made a fancy spinach salad and fruit salad and the best part were the "lemon drop martini's" She was quite the cook and we had a great lunch and cake for dessert.
Linda showed us some things she finished up. This cute little baby quilt...
This pretty 4 patch posie one. She'd done this top years ago when we worked together and now it's done !
Denise got this cute birthday table runner done.
And this quilt was so cute. There are buttons in each of those pinwheels.
So what a fun day, Ken and I took the boys out for pizza night, came home and had a nice visit with Jamie on the phone and I hear it's time to go out and look for scorpions....-5 last night ! Gosh what a crazy life I have baking scones, to killing scorpions( I just hold the light) and everything in between !

No comments:

Post a Comment