Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Trifecta.....

Well today was Mindy's birthday. She's finally as old as I am! We go way back in time, in fact I remember when her youngest 2 were born! So I talked her into doing the "trifecta" tonight when we both got off work. When I asked her about it she said, sure I"m free but what is a trifecta?Our community has this great group of restaurants and all 3 are owned by the same people and all 3 will give you $10 credit towards a meal on your birthday .
She wasn't really sure she could do it, but I am seasoned at this and I dragged her right with me in training! So off we went to Joe's BBQ, here we just got her a baked potato which is HUGE and she got 2 pieces of lemon cake, so now she's got a baked potato for lunch tomorrow at work.
We actually started at Liberty market and we both had a great pasta dish there, which of course we couldn't finish so we each took half of that home ( lunch for me tomorrow and maybe dinner for her!) It's kind of funny but the employees actually encourage you to go on to the other restaurants and do this, I had one on my birthday who told me how to do it even!
The last stop of the trifecta was Joe's farm grill which she got a free huge salad, so there's another free lunch the next day!
Here's Mindy at Joe's, we actually did sit down and have half a piece of lemon cake for dessert. So thanks to the Joe's family restaurant group for letting us have such a fun evening. See if you do it right, you offer to take your friends out to dinner and this is what happens...free food. Thanks Mindy for being a good sport and letting me drive you around to collect all the good food! Happy Birthday, I'm just glad you are finally as old as me!
So I just got a text from Mindy who on her way home went by way of Krispy Kreme as she heard they give you a free dozen doughnuts on your birthday so yep she was right....add that to the list of freebies you can enjoy on your birthday!

2 comments:

  1. What fun!...and Happy Birthday to Mindy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry -how fun is this!! I LOVE all the "joe's" places (omg, especially the onion rings @ the farm gril) ... I found out about this little b'day trick and am going to try it next year. :) looks like you all had a fun time. On another note, so excited you liked the flowers we made at th party ... and you keep that brain working on a tree skirt pattern b/c I'm gonna take that class! I'm gonna try to squeeze in your reversible tote bag class too! -Sara

    ReplyDelete