Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

An Old Fashioned Box lunch

Our Thursday Club got together on Monday ( always a confusion to Ken how a Thursday club could meet on a different day!) I was in charge of planning our summer time dinner so here are photo's of our fun Box Dinner.  I took no photo's of people which now I regret but I did capture everyone's idea.   Everyone sat the dinner they brought onto a number on my island, then we picked numbers out of a bowl and that was the dinner you got. I thought it might take several times to have everyone get one they hadn't brought but it worked the first time!  Here is mine, a lunch bag with matching napkin, inside was their dinner...the menu hangs from the bag.  Kathy got mine.... 

Kathy had a great summertime colander filled with fun patriotic summer things from flip flops to sparklers! Even a fun flag swag to decorate with. Mindy got hers!
 Cindy brought this fun Hawaii themed sand bucket. I won this one....more photo's of this spread to come!  My food was a delicious salad from Rhumbi island grill!  Following her Hawaii theme of course!
 Judy brought this great tote bag full of fun patriotic things, Cindy got this one to enjoy along with it's Paradise Bakery food! On a side note.... Judy told me how she's had the US flag that I gave her one Christmas that Jeremy flew in the back of his C17 during one of his deployments out for a summer decoration, draping the back of a table along with photo and certificate.  She's enjoyed getting it out for memorial day to the 4th of July, a good reminder for her kids to see and realize what happens in our world, and who fights for our freedom.  I was touched to know she uses it.  She said all her 50 grandchildren( yes that isn't a typo) always want to know who is in the photo and why was he there with that big plane! And why is that flag there, kind of neat to think that flag is still touching alot of hearts as they learn about our country and what the military does around the world!
 Mindy's cute basket was filled with fun patriotic themed things including some red hand soap!
 So back to the Hawaii theme that I enjoyed!   Inside that bucket were so many things, from a fun drink cup to a lei to wear, plates and napkins all with the Hawaii decor, a place mat and fishnet, and shells, and yep those coconuts that I was supposed to wear!  I think I"m going to have to plan another fun summer theme party to use all these fun things.... and the coconuts can adorn the table...not me! Thanks Cindy for the fun dinner and the laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment