Terry and her Crazy Life

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Strawberry Yummy recipe

I made a new dessert this week, one from Bear Cabin that we had last weekend that Carol shared her recipe with us so I tried it. I needed it for 2 classes and my quilt meeting so I doubled it and put it into pie pans to freeze, still have one left! It was a light cool and refreshing summer time treat! 

Strawberry  Yummy
From Bear Cabin

1 cup flour
½ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
Mix until crumbly and spread in a 9 x 13 pan, bake at 375 for 10 minutes

1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
2 tsp lemon juice
10 oz frozen strawberries
8 oz cool whip
Beat sugar, egg whites and lemon until well mixed.  Add strawberries and keep beating until very fluffy 9 10-15 minutes).  Fold in cool whip.  Put on top of crumb crust and freeze.  

I think it'd be really pretty with a slice of a fresh strawberry on each piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment