Terry and her Crazy Life

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fall Leaves

I hung up my next Beyond Basics class sample today at ETC.  these fall leaves. I've been wanting to make these maple leaf blocks and found they were such fun, I thought I'd teach a table runner, then I kept making them finding other fun fabrics to try them in...then I thought well, it'll be place-mats with the table runner, then pretty soon I layed them out and decided nope gotta have them in a quilt.  So this evolved..... Some of them are all out of the same fabrics and others are very scrappy, those are my favorites, they kind of twinkle. The background is a barely light turquoise blue, I wanted it to remind me of the sky.
 Classes are in Sept. or Oct.  Morning or evening, runs for 3 Thursdays so we'll have some fun creating more maple fall leaves.  And everyone can make whatever they want with theirs.  We'll learn the block parts and even how to set them on point like mine or whichever way you like, Fun border touches too! Whatever people want to do then we'll figure it out....some design work!  Always something new, if you are ready for more than sewing squares together we'll have a good time!

1 comment: