Terry and her Crazy Life

Monday, August 17, 2009

New BOM

Well for you Non-quilters out there BOM is actually Block of the Month. A few friends and I from my Thornberry quilting group have decided we want something new ( don't we love new projects, not that we don't have plenty of old projects to finish !) to work on and came up with a couple patterns that we figure if we tackle one block each month it will eventually get done.

So I have mine completed in my little snatches of sewing time. This first one is for the quilt called Garden Club, it is very scrappy and will be fun to use whatever I find in the sewing room. So my flag for this month is done and ready to go. Next month we are tackling an applique block. Here is the other one, it's for a quilt called Wildberry Vines and this is the first block for it. It was fun to applique these 3 pears. I'm using fabrics I have and these will be scrappy but I'm just going to use very clear tones, more of a fresh spring look. So it's good to have both blocks done for this month and now it's back to the other tasks at hand ! Little by little we'll get these done and each month will be fun to see what is next.

1 comment: