Terry and her Crazy Life

Friday, August 7, 2009

What a busy day !

It was a busy day of fun today. I went down to help Amy get things ready for preschool open house which was tonight . We scrubbed and wiped and polished the house up and then got the toys and everything in the preschool room all sorted and ready for all the happy little 3 year olds to enjoy. Garrett was such a helper and really enjoyed using his own rag and broom and before we knew it, it was all ready. Here is the other main man coming to help ! Picking them up and putting them down....Ethan is on the march !

I hope Garrett enjoyed his time meeting his preschool friends tonight, what an exciting time for him ! There will be 6 little 3 year olds coming to the door next week and by fall a couple more will start as they turn 3 so it'll be a busy time of learning for them all ! I'll be thinking of you Amy on tuesday as I hope they all don't cry when Mommy leaves ! I'm on the Ethan crew for thursdays again so I'll be out the door ready to retrieve him. He'll be morning napping yet for a while so we'll probably stay there most of the time. I'll miss that time with Garrett for the last 3 years but he's such a big boy now and ready for preschool !

So by now the open house should be over, the cookies and punch enjoyed by all, the treaure hunt with child/parent around the house to find all the important things like the sand box and the potty should be done and their prize of a box of crayons and a sucker from Ms. Amy should be found. Good luck Amy, another start to a fun year for you and your little kiddos.

Ken and I met up then and went to meet my folks for a nice little dinner at Culver's. It's new for us but my folks had found it and yum, if you want some "fat" food, it was the place to be as it was busy ! Of course to top it off Ken and I had to try the "concrete mixer" which is like a dairy queen blizzard, yum ! It's back to work tomorrow and I bet about noon I'm going to be thinking about that "concrete mixer !

No comments:

Post a Comment