Terry and her Crazy Life

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Mindy told me about a new dessert to make that is quick and yummy. So I made it for one of our Christmas in Jan. celebrations when Jeremy and Jamie were here. I had no recipe so I made it up as I went. Now on line I'm seeing some, but this is how mine went. It went together pretty fast altho your hands just freeze unwrapping all the ice cream sandwiches. I added the strawberries, heath bar and chocolate shell topping, you could do anything you have or want tho so use your imagination ! It was great but next time I'd leave the strawberries off and maybe add them later, they became hard as a rock frozen, duh, didn't think of that !

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
24 ice cream sandwiches
Cool whip,
Strawberries, sliced
Chocolate hard shell ice cream topping
Crushed Heath bars
Layer the frozen ice cream sandwiches in the dish and then frost with a layer of cool whip, I added the crushed heath bars and the sliced strawberries that I had ready to go. Then add the next layer of ice cream sandwiches ( at least your hands unthaw between the 2 layers)
Then I frosted the whole thing with the cool whip, had to push it down the sides in areas to cover the sandwiches, then put the toppings on top all pretty and there you go !

No comments:

Post a Comment