Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween Blocks, I need your vote !

Well I have my halloween blocks done for a swap we are doing in Thornberries. I made 20 of these cats, most of them were done in Mississippi when we hauled the cabinets to Jeremy and Jamie's house last spring, I finished them up at Quilt Camp so they are ready to hand out at our Oct. meeting. The eyes and noses are orange wool that I stitched onto the cats, then I did a little black X stitch for the eye centers. I'm trying to decide tho I think they need whiskers. I tried black ones and they don't show up so what do you think about ORANGE whiskers????? Or GREEN? or some of each? Or are they better without whiskers. Here is a "picture" of the picture of what we will end up with. I"m making all the cats for everyone (20 cats) and someone else is making all the pumpkins, or the ghosts etc. So it'll be fun to see how they'll all work together, we brought our green backgrounds and fabrics to a meeting last spring to see how they would all work. So now I just have to decide on whiskers or not. I have a polka dot green that will be perfect for the border and a strip for the inner boarder, so for the 5 of us doing the swap I think it will be lots of fun ! So what do you vote....Green, Orange, None or Both colors?

3 comments:

  1. How fun to ask for a vote! I personally like just the green whiskers. I asked Brian and he said orange. That probably doesn't help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they need them and I like the green. It will be such a cute quilt when you have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green, only. They stand out more! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete