Terry and her Crazy Life

Friday, September 24, 2010

Quilt Camp

Lucky me got to go to "quilt camp" last weekend with this fun group of gals ! We were having fun celebrating Barb's birthday up there !Our hostess and host, Carol and Bob spoil us with wonderful food 3 times a day like this !
We all enjoyed lunch outside on thursday when we arrived, the hummingbirds put on quite a show for us !
This wonderful retreat called Bear Cabin is up on the rim in northern Arizona a few miles west of Show Low. I'll show you a bunch of projects people worked on....this is a quilt Denise put the blocks together on, I brought it home to quilt up for her this week.
Here is another Denise project that she put the blocks around on.
Here is Judy cutting batting for a bag we all made.
Barb got this mystery quilt put together.
Here is the wonderful sewing room, well lit and spacious, everyone has a table to "play " on. Here is Joan, Judy, Barb and Linda.
The other side of the room had MaryBeth, Sarah and Denise and I.
I finished up this table runner...
And 2 aprons to wear for work, Christmas and halloween... We wear aprons when working the floor at Scrapbooks Etc. and I find I like an apron on when teaching so my seam ripper and few little supplies are at hand !
Denise finished setting this pretty New England redwork quilt.
And Sarah brought us all a treat....her special grasshopper martini's !
This is my fall apron...
Look at this fun I spy quilt Linda did for her grandson....one of them is a picture of him and another a picture of his special little lovey toy !
Another Denise creation....I want to do this one !
And here is my "everyday" apron for work....when it's not holiday time !
Barb finished up another mystery quilt, I love this one, it had 21 different fabrics, that is alot for a mystery quilt.
MaryBeth and her bag, a few of us made this cute bag, mine just needs the handwork and then I'll photograph it !What a fun time we had, come sunday it's time to head home and back to our lives, but we sure had alot of laughs and good time...not much sleep but the machines just kept running and we had a blast !

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I were there!! Looks like so much fun...maybe next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great setting and wonderful get-away! What is a "mystery quilt"?? Do tell! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had loads of fun, which you'd never guess from that awful picture of me. Oy! I can't wait until the next time. Between now and then, I'm going to work on my modeling skills.

    ReplyDelete