Terry and her Crazy Life

Friday, May 28, 2010

Apricot time !!!!

It's that time of year again ! Apricots are ripening ! The tree is LOADED ! I've been picking for a few days to load my refrigerator up for when we come back from our trip so there will be plenty to take out and ripen and eat and make jam. I've set up a picking time and those that wanted could pick a day so hopefully the birds won't be getting them all ! Plenty to share with everyone that wants to come and pick ! They are mostly still all half green but that's when I pick them so they don't have a nibble out of them ! Hope everyone has fun ! A favorite memory of my kids is swimming in May and June when they ripen and pulling them off the tree and eating them in the pool , throwing the pits out into the yard ! Nothing better than warm fruit right off the tree !!!!

1 comment:

  1. I picked a bunch of apricots yesterday...thanks for sharing! Hope the cruise waters are smooth and the food is delish!

    ReplyDelete