Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beautiful Quilt !

I got to see a wonderful quilt yesterday at my parents home. I wish now we'd have spread it out for a better picture. A distant cousin gave it to my parents so it would stay in the family as she was afraid her children would not appreciate it ! It was made by my Great-Great Grandmother on my Dad's side and given to this cousin. My Great great Grandmother was born in 1858 and Imigrated from England and passed on in 1931, so I'm thinking it was made sometime in the 20's or earlier. Machine pieced and hand quilted. I thought it was in wonderful shape, one place on the binding is worn and there are a few little stains but it's amazing how wonderful it looks. She wrote on the back corner of it like a label in pen. What a gem ! I'm so glad that she realized what sentimental value it would have to keep it with those that would appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. This is very nice, and I need to learn more about the quilt soap and how to store vintage linens. Maybe this summer...

    ReplyDelete