Terry and her Crazy Life

Monday, May 3, 2010

Indian Food !!!

Well, this was a first for me tonight ! I went out for authentic Indian food ! Sarah and Denise and I met after work at this little restaurant called Dhaba in Tempe.
We entrusted Sarah with the ordering as Denise and I had never experienced this before.
They brought out this wonderful very thin cracker kind of bread first with 3 sauces, I loved the plum sauce, the other 2 were good, hot and spicey but good. The cracker bread was to die for, it looked like a big tortilla but very very thin. you could poke it with your finger and it'd break apart.
We had this chicken dish along with this puffy bread. And this other chick pea saucy stuff that was to die for ! I could have taken that whole little pot of the saucy chick pea stuff and spooned it down !
Next came out another chicken dish in this thick red sauce that was so good ! And 3 more kinds of bread that you just pulled apart, so yummy to sop up all the good sauce with !
By the time we tried all this we were stuffed, I think it's all the bread ! Oh but I'd order all that same stuff again, altho we lacked any veggies come to think of it, a few onions and peppers on the chicken kabob was it. Everything was so freshly made. The people working there were very quiet and reserved and polite, they packaged up the leftovers very quickly and quietly and even brought us newbies cards to fill out so we'd remember what we ate and liked and menus to bring home to remember all the strange names ! What a fun meal to get to try. I do believe you have to experience this sort of thing with someone who knows what they are doing, so we had Sarah or we'd have not had a clue what to order and whether it'd be good or to spicey etc. So Yea for Indian food, I did it ! And now I get home and realize I only took pictures of food again and none of my dear friends ! We've been trying to meet for dinner once a month so who knows what next month will bring, but maybe I"ll try to get people in a picture then !

2 comments:

  1. Well, that sauce was tomato based so that's sort of like vegetables, right? And even though you didn't get pictures of Denise and me, are hands are featured in the photos reaching for the food! I'm glad you gave Indian food a shot! I can't wait for our next dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I don't think I am brave enough to try it though!

    ReplyDelete