Terry and her Crazy Life

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The sweat shop is open !

Well here is my next little project I seem to have gotten myself in to.... Aprons.....
A couple weeks ago I brought home all of these.... and since then a few more have wandered this way.Apron making seems to be a new little project that I seem to have taken on. A local business has me making aprons for an event they hold. They'll be sold at the event to people that have come from all over the world to take scrapbooking classes. Thus.....the sweat shop has opened ! Who would have thought a fuseball table could be so handy for apron bodies...
and pocket sorting ! They are a very neat apron, reversable so the 2 sides are different, a big pocket on each side, real cute and trendy and fresh. Ken brought home a piece of wood to cover the fuseball table so that has been handy. I've been cutting for a week on my days off work(off one job and on to the next) Ken has helped a bunch of times even.
The pool table became a wonderful area for making the sets up.....body/body/pocket/pocket/ties etc. So I have alot of sets now made up as kits and ready to sew. Here is another one of them...they look dumb hanging on the hanger...but they really are cute. I made just the 2 of them to get my time in hours down so I'd know what to charge them per piece. The first one was figuring it out since I'd changed the construction method and the second one I timed myself. Now I'm into assembly line....Crazy huh....but it was a one time deal that I knew would be good, so if anyone needs me I'll be in the apron sweat shop !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty fabrics and the reversible apron is a great idea. If one side gets dirty, you can reverse and keep using it!;-) Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete