Terry and her Crazy Life

Friday, June 18, 2010

Time for Peaches

I just love having a mature back yard with fruit trees. It's so fun to go out and be able to pick fresh fruit several times a year. We love our citrus in the winter, oranges, grapefruit and lemons, and now the apricot tree is done for the year ( altho I'm still dealing with the bumper crop) The peaches are ready so I've been picking them a few a day, the birds have sampled a few but they really haven't hit the fruit to hard this year, either that or we had such good crops we didn't mind sharing. It's like having a garden, one of these years I'll get my garden wound back up again....need to find some eager guy that will build me a nice shade screen over it first and maybe a nice little watering system....maybe next Jan. I'll get to it ! Our gardens need to go in by the first of Feb. to be ready before the heat, some hardy things will last thru the year yet if they have shade. I'll be thinking of peach recipes if we don't eat them all first !

No comments:

Post a Comment