Terry and her Crazy Life

Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Job...

So here is where I'm going to be working....Of all places that will be fun to work at, this was it ! I actually started for them a month ago doing sewing, you remember the apron project that is still in process. Well this is who I'm sewing them for, they will be selling them at a major event they host for scrapbookers coming from all over the world for classes. They've extended a great space in their store to fabric and have become a great source of everything fabric too. Amongst sewing aprons for them all the sudden they wanted some shop samples done for the fabric area, so I've been working on those and will show you those soon too, it's been alot of fun to work with their fun and fresh fabrics, very trendy styles. A few weeks into these projects and they offered me a job to come and work there, what a great opportunity it was, a significant raise in pay and the opportunity to do alot of teaching besides helping them as they expand their store with sewing expertise. It was to good to pass up so I gave notice( 6 weeks ago) and am starting this week. It'll be alot of fun things to learn, new people, new processes, new machines. My brain has run amuck with making aprons, shop samples and my class samples, there are quilts and fabric literally all over my house, 2 have gone out this week, one class sample is still on the pool table, several more to make, the apron sweat shop is still happening, it's very exciting and it'll be fun to get started as classes start in Sept. I'll post lots of project pictures soon !

3 comments:

  1. What a fun job! Good luck, I'll have to come visit. Sounds like my kind of store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Terry, as you begin this new career chapter! I can't wait to see the store after you've had a chance to get settled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job - sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete