Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Elijah's quilt

I finished up this fun little baby quilt made especially for Elijah! 
 It was such a fun one to make I'm kind of wanting to make another one in colors for me!  I hope Elijah will love his soft little baby blue quilt! All the raw edges will make this a very comfy little quilt.  Stephanie....After it's washed a few more times it'll quit fraying and be so soft and fuzzy!
 Elijah is 1 month old now and lives in Brazil with his Mommy and Daddy, Stephanie is Jamie's sister whom we got to meet last year when they were in the US for a visit, Elijah was just a twinkle in their eye at that point!  So with all their family together they had a baby shower for Stephanie and invited me to come....
 So we spent a few hours celebrating Stephanie and Elijah in Brazil via skype!  How fun to see them, he's just darling and seemed to enjoy his party!
 He was very strong and alert and so cute!  It was fun to be included, and Stephanie did say she was hoping I'd come and bring a quilt!!!!!  It was finished on Christmas day with just the last bit to do on it.  Their Grandma saw it when they were over Christmas eve so she asked first thing when I got to the shower...did you get it done?????  Yep, it's ready!  All the gifts will go to Brazil in Feb. when Bruce and Vickie get to travel there to meet their Grandson. I'm sure they are so excited!  It was fun, we played some games that Stephanie could play along with us, then we each took a turn sitting in front of the computer and opening a gift that someone else had brought so we could be all excited to see what it was!  It was my first skyping shower and so fun!  So wonderful that their family can stay so well in touch with each other even on the other side of the world!
 And guess who was there!!!! Noah!!!! I got to play a bit, Noah jumping on my lap squeeling and giggling, soooooo fun!  Then he had to take his nap :-(  , ho hum, Grammy can't get enough of you Noah!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for coming to Brazil/the shower for the afternoon and for the absolutely BEAUTIFUL quilt! I loved seeing this post and getting a zoomed in look of it. It is even more breathtaking and detailed that I realized at first glance and I'm so excited about the soft edges. It truly was so kind of you to think of us...I can't wait to take a picture of Elijah enjoying it to show you!

    ReplyDelete