Terry and her Crazy Life

Monday, December 19, 2011

Thornberries Christmas Party

Here is my quilt group at our christmas gathering at my house this year. We were missing Terry P. but her package is on it's way to California where she now lives. I guess once you are in this group we never let you leave!  :-)  She still participates in alot of things and stays in touch with us all...We choose a secret santa person to make something for the each year ( I've already got my name for next year). This is what Sue made for Barb....darling baskets!
Sue got this darling red and white quilt made by Lorene with redwork in it.
Lorene received this quilt with  fun dots from Louise.

Here's Judy getting her pretty wall hanging from BobbiBobbi got this table mat and snowman from Mindy...
This is what Barb made for me, isn't it darling, beautiful redwork, she is the pro at that, she does the most beautiful stitches and now I have a piece made by Barb K.!!!!  She said this was just like all "my boys"!
This is what I was working on for Louise.  I made her a themed gift of sweet dreams... a set of pillow cases...this one is springy with a crocheted edge...
 These had a pieced border on them...
 Here are sweet dreams for Valentines day...
And sweet dreams for Christmas...
 Everything went in this box with a soft night shirt, slipper socks and some chamomile tea.

Here is a darling small quilt that Terry P. made for Mindy.


Back to the games...We all made a couple red and white pinwheels, so fun, we played a game and Judy won them all!We played another game with fat quarters and Louise won those.
Here we all are playing games with the pie tins, lots of fun and laughing going on!
We did a pincushion swap and played a game stealing each one. What fun! I made the cupcake in the middle and received the pretty pink one at the bottom made by Lorene. Wasn't there some great ones, a christmas tree, the pretty embriodered candy canes, an apple on a candy stand and a monkey!This appetizer was made by Lorene, cranberries with some other ingredients over cream cheese.....yep to die for! What a fun party we all had with good memories to last us another year!



3 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts and lots of fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What lovely and thoughtful gifts you all received!!

    p.s. I *love* the snowman quilt that is your banner.... I wonder if I can talk someone into making me one just like it!! =)

    ReplyDelete