Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Orpheus concert for the holidays

My friend Linda and I went to a wonderful concert this last week, just to put you in the holiday spirit.  It was in Mesa and we heard the Orpheus Choir perform, what a wonderful event.  
They are an all male choir, such talent in the group, loved when the low base voices came in, and how clear they call sang in such quiet voices!  beautiful!  My friend Ken is in the front row clear to the right on the bottom step. We used to work at a quilt store together.  

Their accompanist was wonderful, he used to play the pipe organ at Organ stop pizza for years so maybe you heard him play there.  When he first started playing my mind sort of went gosh is he going to raise up and twirl on a pedestal like at Organ stop?  He did some of his accompaniment on the pipe organ here and some on the piano himself and as a duet with another pianist.  I know Ron as a quilter also, he would come in while I was at work so I got acquainted with him then.   
 A couple of their numbers had percussion which was wonderful, this gal was great, for this number she had big straps of bells around her ankles so she'd tap her heels to add that to the sound.   What a great group of talented musicians, if you ever get to hear the Orpheus choir be sure and attend!


No comments:

Post a Comment