Terry and her Crazy Life

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Korean Food Adventure

I met Denise and Sarah this last week for dinner......the country of choice as they PUSH me around the world was Korean. Being such a brave person I happily went and here is your place setting, this itty bitty little bowl and chop sticks!Denise had her write up from the paper for this place so we ordered off that and what Sarah had eaten at another place one time. We tried fried dumplings, they were a little like Chinese egg rolls.
Then there was this interesting bowl which came to the table sizzling, the bowl was heated and cooking yet, under it was sticky rice and then all these vegetables and meat.....still not sure what that meat was, it looked really pretty UNTIL I saw the raw egg floating in the center....hmmmmm..... but they said you just stir it all up......raw egg....hmmmmmm....didn't do so well on that one. But it was pretty to look at.
This was a beef dish that was quite tastey and then you had all these bowls of different things. The one on the top right was paper thin sea weed....I did taste it... The one on the left top was apple slices with this creamy dressing....The middle left was a cabbage thing with HOT red sauce stuff, next to it was these bean sprout things...on the bottom left was these diced radishes with more of the red hot sauce, and the thing on the bottom that looks like green beans....sea weed. So I was brave and tasted everything but I must say the choice for the next round in our adventure is ITALIAN!!! I CAN DO THAT !

No comments:

Post a Comment