Terry and her Crazy Life

Monday, April 30, 2012

Garden news

Just a little update in the "green thumb" department.... My garden is coming along!  We've had some lettuce and a few peppers already, a few tomatoes...red and yellow ones..... the green beans are coming...
 And so are the squash, zucchini babies and yellow crook neck are all so tiny and cute!
 Tomatoes, I think my plants are all rather scrawny looking but they have tomatoes so I guess that is what counts!
 The lemon tree has set on nicely for next years lemons.  After it's tried to die on us twice it has come back nicely and looks like a tree again, after having years of huge crops we really did miss our lemon tree for the last 2 years, but last year we had 1 lemon and now this year there looks like a nice crop, now if it can just get thru our monsoon winds and not break every branch!
 And the apricots are coming along, I was hoping nature would thin them out since most you can't reach but it's not happening so I'm thinking there will be tons of tiny little apricots!
We got the bushes out front trimmed up again, a chore we are glad to be done with before it's so hot!  It'll be fun to see yet what we get producing out of our yard. I'd really like to make a cover for my garden this year so we shall see if that happens!

1 comment: