Terry and her Crazy Life

Monday, November 14, 2011

Apples and More Apples!

My parents have this cute little cabin up in the woods in Strawberry and they were just up there last weekend when it snowed and became winter in an instant! They had picked and picked Apples on this trip up the mountain and came home with an abundance for a fall harvest! I got to go over for the day recently and help them with several projects, one being all the apples! We started out in the garage with the big sorting adventure...They have several trees giving them 3 different varieties of apples. They love to share with all of us so we divided them all up into sacks and my car was loaded when I came home. It smelled so good in there after a while, I kept thinking someone was making apple something! I dropped off 3 bags at my sisters door since we live just a few blocks apart and another bag went to Bode's house and another bag went to 3 more of my favorite little boys. They are just right for little boys as you see....
Guess who likes eating apples! And what a perfect size for perfect little boys!
So apple recipes are everywhere! So far we had apple crisp warm from the oven for dinner, several go with us for lunches, boy are they sweet too! So thanks Mom and Dad for sharing your bountiful harvest with us all! I'm thinking apple butter might be nice and maybe some apple oatmeal raisin muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment