Terry and her Crazy Life

Saturday, November 12, 2011

New things Comin!!!!

Well, my brain has just been busting with all the new designs and classes bouncing around in there...YES there is a reason this is called my CRAZY LIFE! Lots of classes have been booked at Scrapbooks Etc. for the first of the year thru April and everyone better get their party shoes on cuz we are going to be having fun!!!! So the brain has been mulling all the classes, samples and ideas. Barb made a list of things we have to get done just for our classes we teach together and Sew and Go, then we have a couple new classes/events for the store we are facilitating besides the ones we always do. We have Lisa who cuts faithfully for us every moment she can while she's working the floor....I will have to take Lisa's photo and introduce you soon! Then we have Angie who now is also cutting things for us. So the lists go on and on as we stay ahead of them and all our students, and get things out there and organized so things can be ordered and ready for all our fun students. I'll tell you about some of the new events and fun coming soon, but for now here are 2 little teases. This is for my next Beyond Basics class I teach on Thursdays. Louise teaches the beginners and gets them going and learning to make their first basic quilts, mostly squares and simple things as there is alot to learn with quilting. So Beyond Basics takes you to the next level and we get into some angels and fun things that are just a tad more advanced. It's a 3 week series and basically I tell my students that Louise teaches you how to do everything the right and proper way and then I teach you how to kick it up a bit and add more variety to your quilts.... and "CHEAT".... as I will show you the ease and shortcuts to make it all simple!!!! So with that, here is a sneak peek at what is coming up in Jan. and Feb. in my Beyond Basics class..... Ahhhh I know it's just a quick peek but it'll be done soon and you'll get to see it all, but it involves this lucious line of" Ruby" fabric and that 60 degree ruler...hmmmm...It's spread all over our pool table ( isn't that what those are for?)and tends to get worked on between 5 and 6:00 AM!Now this next little sneak peek will entice you to come and see what the heck are they doing to Twister!!!! Louise and I have taught a Twister class 3 times this last quarter and we are kicking it up a notch with some new things added. And for those of you that know me I just can't ever seem to follow a pattern( like the puppy dog quilt class that is in process now looks NOTHING like the original pattern) So with that in mind I've been making these fun twister blocks and designing my own fun pattern with them. Lots of mulling over the blocks and moving things around and running back to Scrapbooks for more of the matching fabrics, it too was spread all over the pool table and is close to being ready for quilting....In the meantime here is a little bit of this fun!!!! It's getting prepped for a wee little boy with the first name that starts with a "B"....hmmmm so stay tuned, you'll be seeing it soon after I get it finished and ready to hang at Scrapbooks, and I think since there isn't a pattern for this one that you just might get the layout sizes when you come to our twister class next spring!
More teases to follow as this is ONLY THE BEGINNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment