Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mom and Dad's Memory book

This is a LONG post so those not interested just feel free to move on! A number of you tho have asked about the Memory book as it's been in the works for weeks now. And you've all said I wish I could see it! Well I'm sure now that my parents have it they'll be glad to share it with you and also all you that are coming for the family reunion, you'll get a first hand glance and may even find yourselves in there. But I decided since it consumed a great deal of my life I'd go ahead and post some photo's I took during the process. Last June, my sister Marcy and I decided a memory book for our parents 60th anniversary was needed so we got together (usually by email or around 6:30 AM as we'd chat before work about it, making plans etc.) We had such fun doing it and finally in July had 80+ envelopes ready for the mail, they included a letter explaining the project and a return envelope, postage paid, with hopes of them returning to us by Oct. 1. I'm still not totally sure how many we sent, I just kept running back to the PO for more of the stamps!And all the sudden come Sept. the mail started coming in! Even the Postman stopped Ken one day and asked what was going on! Oh so exciting as they came in! At this picture we had about 1/2 of them back. I didn't open any of them waiting until Marcy and I could do it together, I know it drove MB nuts as each time she saw the pile she said How can you stand not looking! Finally by my sisters fall break from work we got into them and had such fun opening them all, We started putting the pages into sleeves and couldn't believe the wonderful things people had done, or written to our parents. Many included cards which we had a big box all prepped to include them with.
Still the envelopes were coming. Many were preceded by emails of MY PAGE IS ON THE WAY. We even had one come 2 day so they'd make the deadline! So here are some photo's of the book before I wrapped it up. And funny as it seems that day another envelope showed up! I included only the pages that I made as I felt like the rest are private for them to share, sorry the photo's are a little rough as the sleeves reflect the light of course. So here we go, this very THICK book and some of it's contents...

Holy cow it was thick!
The title/dedication page...




I did alot of pages with some of my favorite photo's of them together...


And there were some photo's from years ago! That's Jeremy and Amy by my Mom at the piano! And my Dad playing Santa for them!



This one was all about my sister and I, that is me on the right side...






This page was just Mom and her girls.... the page oposite you can see was my
Dad's basketball team in highschool that someone sent!





This one on the right was one I did as part of our family's pages of the generations, that is my baby photo with my 3 kids above and then my grandbabies around.

I did a page then of each of my parents familys...my Dad's...
and my Mom's. We were so lucky to have a couple of our cousins send us some thumb drives and some digital scans of some very old pictures we didn't have!
A page of the great grands and one of Marcy and I from then to now...
I loved this old photo of my parents, I think as newlyweds and then the other is them on the church steps where they had their wedding photo's taken!
And the final page...
So if you hung in there looking at all that, thanks! It was such a fun project and made me want to get back to my fun books and pages again!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! It turned out AWESOME! You put in such a lot of work and I know they were thankful for it! What a nice memory for them to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post about "the book" and so glad we were able to work on it together! It's a treasure...

    ReplyDelete