Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Noah in the cradle...

While Noah was here he had a brief little time to get to lay in the family cradle.  My Dad built this cradle in 1976 when I was expecting my first born.  He made it for my sister and I for our children and now all of their grandchildren have gotten to use it at some point.  It's funny as babies have come along it's gone from house to house... So nice to have one more place that is safe to lay baby down in bedrooms or family rooms.
 Under the mattress is an engraved plaque from when it was made, since then they've added each baby with their names and  birth dates to it. I was going to post it and thought twice about that with the info that is on it, but if you ever want to see it, it's really quite neat to see, such a wonderful family heirloom being passed around.... It's going to Chris and MB's house next :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm so happy that Noah was officially "in the cradle"...he really fills it out too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete