Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ramblings...on a homeless quilt...until tonight...

I make alot of quilts...some are big, some are little...this one was big...some of them have a purpose from start to finish....I have someone in mind to make them for...I choose the fabrics, make the quilt all the while knowing who it's for....this quilt has always been sort of homeless until tonight...I loved making it.... it was for a class at ETC... The quilt was fun to make, it was for a mystery class we taught.... It had some great intricate piecing and I loved making it....I choose the fabrics because they were so pretty....the class was lots of fun to teach, we had fun and everyone enjoyed it... but it has hung on the wall there since the class ended....just filling a space, it looked very pretty,but it was there since it really didn't have a home yet.....until tonight.....my coworker friend came asking me before my class what do I do, I have a memory book I made for my friends, they gave me photos, for their little 18 month old baby....how do I give it to them, how do I wrap it, it's done, the funeral is in 2 days, I have to give it to them tomorrow, how do I wrap it, what do I do?????? Ding goes the bell....off to the register she runs....I turn around to teach my class....How would you wrap up this gift showing their sons life to be displayed at his funeral, this gift for these parents burying their son.....of course a quilter right away thinks, Jamie you have to wrap it in a quilt...how is she going to whip up a quilt overnight to wrap this tribute book in...we are both at work until 9PM what else can she do... and there it is, up on the wall, the quilt with no home....So after class, Ken is vacuuming for me, we are putting things away, I take it off the wall and now it has a home and now I know really why I made it....I hope it brings comfort...

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post...a very loving gift, its purpose finally fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete