Terry and her Crazy Life

Sunday, May 24, 2009

RUGS !!!!!

Yes, not only does my crazy life involve everything else, now I think I have to make rugs ! Denise, my cohort decided this was the greatest way to get rid of a bunch of garbage fabric and then have something we always need....a new rug ! So Ken built me this super duper frame and a rug is evolving. Denise came and got me started as she had it all figured out and it's coming along and getting rid of alot of old fabric scraps that needed to go ! It's kind of a fun process wrapping the "warp" which is the up and down pieces and then you weave 2 pieces thru going the other way. You work from both ends , and end up in the middle. I measured and I"m half way done. It's a great mindless thing to do while you watch TV.
Here is Denise, the "rug professional" with one of her many beautiful quilts ! She's finished some rugs already and is moving on to a bigger frame like mine. I measured my old kitchen rugs and figured that's the size I need so my handy dandy cabinet guy made mine and we soon will have a new rug !

1 comment:

  1. You are too creative! My co-worker have been so impressed this week by my grocery bags (they think you should go into business), and by my new tote bag. Where is that rug going?

    ReplyDelete