Terry and her Crazy Life

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a great Getaway !

Back from quilt camp ! What a wonderful getaway weekend, thursday to sunday, we all had such fun and ate more than anyone should eat in a month ! We sewed early , sewed late, some took naps, some scrapbooked, everyone had a great time. Lots of laughing and visiting and having a great time with friends !
Here is my main accomplishment. I finished the top I had blogged about a while back, it's a picture on fabric with a pieced border around it. The top is finished, now the quilting is looming ahead, needs lots of neat detail and maybe some special beading, what a good feeling to have accomplished it. I'm looking forward to having the wallhanging in our bedroom when it's done. Barb my "guru" was there and cheering me on, her design just was a marvel to us all and it's so neat to see it come to life. I think the quilting will even add more dimension to the finished piece. Thankyou Barb, I've definitely stepped out of my normal traditional quilting "box" and have realized the artwork that can happen with the right guidance ! The dimension marveled us all. There were alot of little voices from the projects that never made it out of the bag calling to me but they had to wait while this one made it to the end ! They'll get their turn eventually but it felt so good to get this one so far !
Here is the gang at Quilt camp, what a fun weekend we had !
This is Amy and Corrina at their sewing machines, lots of fun gabbing time for these 2 young moms , what a treat for them to escape, thanks to their husbands for keeping the kids busy and happy so they could find some time for themselves!
I made 5 new skirts.....a new summer wardrobe for work ! yeah ! Now if I just had some tops to wear with them, so I'm on the hunt or will be sewing some next !

And surprise of all surprises, Denise brought me Circus peanuts ! I love circus peanuts ! They are the most sugary wonderful treat, I know it's strange but I love circus peanuts.... and those little bunnies and chicks at Easter that are the same thing ! They get better with age and by day 2 are just right ! How crazy is that, but thankyou Denise for remembering such a silly thing about me ! I think someone else must like them too because the disappeared over the weekend and SURELY I didn't eat them all !!!!
Amy and Corrina got alot of scrapbook pages done, you can see the spacious work room we get to play in behind them.
Here is Pam with her bag !

Here is Barb with her wonderful tote bag she created, plus the pretty quilt behind her !

Amy out on the deck showing me her wonderful Witch quilt she's creating for Halloween and Ethans Christmas stocking ! We took this out in the wonderful cloudy.... thunderous and chilly weather !
Here is Harriet with her Finished wall hanging ! Great job Harriet, she stuck with it and finished it completely !
Here is Denise with her finished baby quilt top and all her itty bitty 2 inch 9 patches !


This is Carol our hostess, she has found her niche and makes you feel so welcome in her home !Besides being the best cook on the planet she is fun to be with ! She's so good at this she's now booking into 2011 !!!!
What a fun weekend, tomorrow we'll all be wishing we were sewing in the pinetrees waiting for Carol to tell us the food is on the table !
























3 comments:

  1. Oh, What fun we had! Thanks for sharing this post. Wish I were back up there with the thunder! Until next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to see all the ladies with their projects! Thanks for all the great pictures. I have an ambition to make stockings for the three of us before Christmas. We'll see if that happens!

    ReplyDelete