Terry and her Crazy Life

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The BOX

I had a fun adventure this morning, after taking Amy and crew to the airport to begin their vacation to Mississippi to see Jeremy and Jamie. I went to my friend Denise's house to see her new bathroom remodel and help her make decisions about "the box". I've heard about this "box" for years and I finally got to see it and it's contents ! Here it is......







You wouldn't believe the heirlooms this box contains. It has quilt top after quilt top that she has made. They aren't finished yet but they soon will be ! Here are a few of the treasures !










This is Griffin, he wasn't in the box but he sure wanted to help !











So we made stacks and piles as we pulled them out. Some she wasn't attached to and she is donating to a local group that finishes them for shelters. . .

Then there was the stack that goes back in the box for finishing someday. . .

Then the stack that is out to finish to use now. . .

Then there was the stack of get it out and "finish it to have ready to give as a gift".


They just went on and on. After we got to the bottom we had to go to the sewing room closet that had an entire shelf full. What treasures she has ! It was so fun to
see them all I just had to share a small
portion of them on here !






Here is the FAMOUS quilter
last summer as we ate at a little
cafe on our trip to Vermont and New Hampshire.
So that was the Infamous BOX, thankyou for sharing it with me Denise ! You are amazing !
I'm off to have lunch with Mindy now and head to the PO to mail my little guys something fun for their trip in Mississippi!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is the sailboat quilt - what a great box of goodies!

    ReplyDelete