Terry and her Crazy Life

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun evening with Chris and MB !

We sure had a fun evening with Chris and MB, just eating and visiting. It was great to catch up with everyones busy lives this afternoon. I had a great time this morning prepping some food for our dinner tonight, it was lovely having a relaxing day to cook and hang out. I thought I'd share a couple recipes just for fun !

The first is Salsa in the blender. My kids got me this great blender for mothers day and it's been alot of fun. Amy's friend Corina gave us this recipe to make a fast and easy salsa. Salsa in the blender

From Corina
1 large can whole tomatoes
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 handful of cilantro
2-3 garlic cloves
½ onion
1 tsp. dry oregano
2 tsp. salt
Blend
We had the yummy salsa with a cold beer for an appetizer !

While I was at work yesterday the meat was cooking in the crock pot. It's a recipe that my friend Kathy shared with me. I shredded it up this morning and put it back in the pot to warm. I picked up some home made whole wheat flour tortillas to make the burros out of. Yum with sour cream, guacamole and cheese !
Kathy’s Chalupa
2 Cloves Garlic
1T. Cumin
2T. Chili Powder
1t. Oregano
1 small can chopped green chilies
1T. Salt
3 to 4lb. pork roast
1lb. pinto beans, or black beans
Brown roast and cook onions, garlic till done. Add everything else to
Crock-pot and cook till done, shred pork and enjoy.

I made some pinto beans to go with everything and MB brought a salad to share and then for dessert we had this recipe that I got from the quilting place in the mountains. The crust doesn't look to professional here but we ate it anyway ! We had a little scoop of ice cream on top of the slice of pie.
Toll House Pie
From Bear Cabin Inn
2 eggs
½ cup flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup light-brown sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup chopped nuts
6 oz semi-sweet chips
1- 9 inch unbaked pie shell
Whipped cream or ice cream for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 325. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs at high speed until foamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in flour sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in softened butter. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into pie shell. Bake 40-50 minutes until knife inserted halfway between edge and center come out clean and the top is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.





1 comment:

  1. ooooohh! I love some good recipes! My collection is so small right now so I am always excited to get more. Everything looks like it was so yummy!

    ReplyDelete