Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Party Meatballs

This is my first posting on a recipe. I felt like maybe I was doing a cooking show ! ha ! Boys and Amy are coming over for dinner and to practice their swimming lessons this afternoon , so I'll be at work and better be organized for when I get home so I can join in the fun. So we are having that fresh corn on the cob we got and some apple muffins and these party meatballs. This has been such a neat recipe that everyone loves, you can make them ahead and then bake them when you are ready. Brenda gave me this recipe years and years ago, and it's been a favorite since.I used ground turkey instead of the ground beef.

Party Meatballs

2 lbs ground beef (lean)
1-cup corn flake crumbs
1/3-cup parsley flakes
2 eggs
2 T. soy sauce
¼ t. pepper
½ t. garlic powder
1/3-cup catsup
2 T. dried onions
Make into meatballs and put into 9x13 pan

Sauce
1 lb. Can jellied whole cranberry sauce
1 – 12 oz. bottle Heinz chili sauce
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. lemon juice
Mix sauce and microwave until warm and smooth. Pour over meatballs. Bake 350 uncovered 30 min.

Ready for the oven, one for tonight, one for the freezer and one plain for the boys. yeah dinner is almost ready and I"m off to work !

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - those look amazing! Can you send a few my way?? :)

    ReplyDelete