Terry and her Crazy Life

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ellies Wallets

These are Ellie's wallets. I spent the weekend getting them made for her. She is a very sweet lady that I've become reaquainted with at work. She comes in to shop and mostly just visit. It turns out that I grew up about 3 houses down the street from Ellie and went to school with her children. We figured it out one day when she became reaquainted with my sister as she worked at Dobson high school where Ellie taught for years and then made the connection. She'd come in and talk about her trips to Kansas which is where my parents came from so all the towns she talked about I knew of. She'd always talk about her trip to Australia and how she wanted to go again and was planning to. She took this little class I taught to make these little wallets and decided she wanted to make them and take them as gifts for her austrailian friends and tour group. In the meantime Ellie has gotten extremely ill and is in the fight for her life. She's still planning to make this final trip and asked if I could help her make the wallets as she wasn't able to. She had asked for 15 in southwest fabrics and batiks so I got them done and made 3 more so she and her daughters who will accompany her to enjoy. I just hope her health will hold on so she can enjoy her trip in July. It's kind of neat to think a little piece of me is going to Austrailia.




1 comment: