Terry and her Crazy Life

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fathers Day prep

We've spread our fathers day enjoyment out this year and enjoyed a light dinner at Mimi's and ice cream out at Coldstone last night with Gene and Delores. We had great cloudy weather and it was wonderful sitting outside visiting. After the guys go golfing tomorrow we are going to my sisters for a cookout and I"m in charge of potato salad. This recipe is from Bear Cabin and very tastey !


Potato Salad

Bear Cabin
6-8 Potatoes
6 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 medium onion - chopped
1 green pepper - chopped
1 jar pimentos
3-4 stalks celery
Sweet pickles or pickle relish
mayonnaise( I used low fat, never as good but better for you !) I'm thinking about 1 cup, but I like it to look moist!
about 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
Lawry seasoning Salt and pepper

I am like Carol at Bear Cabin and don't do alot of measuring but you just dump in things until it looks and tastes right ! It'll taste great tomorrow after sitting over night. I boiled the potatoes and eggs yesterday so they were cold in the refrigerator so it goes faster when you actually put it together.
So that is prepped and the fathers day gifts are in control and I'm off to run errands and this afternoon I am off to babysit my great niece Cailyn so that should be fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment